UNDERGROUND PITFIGHTING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNDERGROUND PITFIGHTING

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Videogame/Movie Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Videogame/Movie Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Videogame/Movie Ideas   Videogame/Movie Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 6:56 pm

So what you got? One game idea I had is a telekinesis based MMORPG. Using a similar system to Psi-Ops, players would be able to manipulate their environment for a variety of purposes. As they level up, their telekinetic strength and finesse would increase and they'd also be able to train and develop other psychic skills (Such as pyrokinesis, remote viewing, and transvection). Gameplay emphasis would be put on large scale PVP conflicts, puzzle-solving, and boss battles. Weapons and hand-to-hand-combat would also play a role, but mostly early on before the player becomes competent with telekinesis (Like in Psi-Ops).

The battle system would obviously revolve around the telekinesis (The bread and butter skill), which would need to be toggled by a button to activate. Players would then be able to grab pieces of the environment (Cars, benches, debris, etc) to hurl at enemies, create barriers, put puzzle pieces into place, etc. The weapons and other skills would be aimed with the mouse and activated with a button. Obviously, their would be stats to dictate the power and stamina the player has when using these skills.

The story would take place in a world where people with psychic abilities are rapidly emerging and making conventional militaries obsolete. Being that these psychics can more or less just brush bullets aside and detonate nuclear weapons on native soil, they can pretty much do whatever they want. As various factions of telepaths war with each other to implement their own views of justice on the land, the governments of the world scramble to develop more technologically advanced weapons to reclaim their conquered countries. I was thinking the main setting would be an ongoing territorial conflict in Camden, New Jersey that would involve various armies of telepaths, the US government, and the Camden police force (Which is just stuck in the middle of all this).

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://bbh1.rpg-board.net
RyanREV

PostSubject: Re: Videogame/Movie Ideas   Videogame/Movie Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:52 pm

I like it.

Things like this have been done similar to this but on a much less epic scale. This has lots of environmental destruction potential. I have a feeling that a second "gaming revolution" is about to occur where games become much more complex (with the advent of new technology where I believe there exists a graphics ceiling of sorts and the focus will shift towards new gameplay elements)

My game though is a very simple game in appearance but is like a modern chess battle.

It involves using Google Maps terrain function as a basis for a real time multiplayer/MMO strategy game. You are in control of a gang that you created. The objective of the game is to conquer territory and eventually battle it out with the other gangs that exist in the neighborhood. First you choose a neighborhood, lets just have Scarborough Ontario as an example:

Scarborough

Agincourt
Armadale
Bendale (Cedarbrae)
Birch Cliff
Brown's Corners (historical)
Clairlea
Cliffside
Cliffcrest
Dorset Park
Eglinton East
Golden Mile
Guildwood
Highland Creek
Ionview
L'Amoreaux
Malvern
Maryvale
Milliken
Morningside Heights
Morningside
Oakridge
Port Union (Centennial Scarborough)
Rouge
Scarborough City Centre
Scarborough Junction
Scarborough Village
Steeles
Tam O'Shanter – Sullivan
West Hill
West Rouge
Wexford
Woburn

Then you choose a postal code which represents your starting territory. As your characters move they claim territory instantly, unless it is owned by a rival gang. You must keep in mind though that there are factors like terrain that affect your movement speed. Also you get bonuses for conquering things like hospitals that give you health bonuses as an example and subway stations for movement. You can use tactics like destroying low price grocery stores to make it hard for your opposition to buy food. The beauty is a game can last a very short period of time (with two neighboring gangs battling it out or not depending on your strategy) or have a slow build up with two further away neighborhoods (where you are mostly battling cops and vigilantes).

I have had the idea of a game using Google Maps as the basis but wasn't sure if it would be a total failure or not. I also figured that the game would probably have a tongue-in-cheek quality to it where cemeteries would have zombies or something. So in a nutshell, simple game but where looks are deceiving and in fact it has bonuses up the ying yang. It combines my idea of having a gang war simulation (like in GTA San Andreas) and a Google Maps game.
Back to top Go down
RyanREV

PostSubject: Re: Videogame/Movie Ideas   Videogame/Movie Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Influences for this idea (Google Maps Gang War Sim)

- Supreme Ruler 2010 (I used to play this grand scale real time strategy game which had plenty of micromanaging, but I thought it would be cool to have a similar game but super-localized conflict)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Ruler_2010

- Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for its gang war aspect

- Google Maps
Back to top Go down
RyanREV

PostSubject: Re: Videogame/Movie Ideas   Videogame/Movie Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:30 pm

For a movie how about one based on my experience being part of an employment support services agency. The movie focuses on the unusual revolving door of characters looking for a job who join the agency's group training, their successes and numerous pitfalls.

The movie is crass and politically incorrect poking fun at the members' eccentric behavior. It is technically an off-beat dark comedy but could be interpreted in many ways (it has its dramatic moments). The movie has a mixture of relatively normal and bizarre people but the faces change a lot (because of the nature of the program once they've "graduated" and found a job).
Back to top Go down
RyanREV

PostSubject: Re: Videogame/Movie Ideas   Videogame/Movie Ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rozlyKhm1GQ&feature=g-all-f

What if Cletus Clem Couture starred in a video game?
Back to top Go down
RyanREV

PostSubject: Re: Videogame/Movie Ideas   Videogame/Movie Ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Though seriously has a prison simulation/action game ever been made?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Videogame/Movie Ideas   Videogame/Movie Ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 6:27 am

The Google maps idea sounds boss. I've played territorial acquistion games before, but they were browser based. Adding some good, real-life scenary would be a great hook to add along with the strategic gameplay.

I've heard of prison management games before (No idea why those exist), but a prison RPG sounds like it would be great. I was actually pondering this years ago when I was big into Runescape. I think an Escape from New York setting would work great for an MMO. You'd have a vast area to explore, plenty of PVP combat, the option to join gangs, etc.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Videogame/Movie Ideas   Videogame/Movie Ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 6:51 am

Yo know how Prototype is a city-sandbox game where the main character has superpowers? I was thinking of something similar, except the powers the player has are magical and he'd be able to do things like:

-Transmorgify into animals, including birds so you can fly around

-Manipulate the elements and cause effects such as earthquakes and tornadoes

-Animate objects so they can do your bidding

-Perform mass hypnosis and create illusions to fool large groups of people

-Turn invisible

-Cast myriad spells that have all different effects o people such a putting them to sleep, making them shrink, or cursing them

Gameplay woud involving solving crises, battling huge supernatural beasts, and deling with other wizards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Videogame/Movie Ideas   Videogame/Movie Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Videogame/Movie Ideas
Page 1 of 1